auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] my patch? Examn (bidi in preparation)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] my patch? Examn (bidi in preparation)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:56:25 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>> On 28 Aug 2016, at 23:33, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Of course, the circle of GNU maintainers is not exactly small, but
>> decidedly smaller than that of all GNU contributors, and many of those
>> maintainers are so because of being in a position of trust by several
>> others working on GNU.  It's a reasonable compromise.
>
> I agree.
>
>  I find it only a pity that I discover after 10days that the
> assignment did not arrive. I already wrote the clerk.

Yes, it is a nuisance.  As a rule, you (as well as the responsible
maintainer) will receive a scan with the signature of an FSF
representative on it: the copyright assignment is a contract with
requirements for both parties.

Sometimes stuff goes wrong or delays occur, not always readily
explainable.

--
David Kastrup