auctex-devel

Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Plan for release of AUCTeX 12.1

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Plan for release of AUCTeX 12.1
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 14:32:53 +0100

I'll make a release for 11.92, too, but won't be able to before tomorrow.

Bye,
Tassilo

Am 5. Dezember 2017 12:27:42 schrieb Mosè Giordano <address@hidden>:

Dear all,

due to some time constraints, I can't release AUCTeX 12.1 today, so
it'll be delayed to next weekend (Saturday or Sunday).  Until then,
It'll be great if someone could go through the documentation to update
mentions to supported Emacsen.

Tassilo, do you plan to make a new ELPA release for AUCTeX 11.92 or
will you wait directly for 12.1?

Bye,
Mosè

Dear all,

as the first action in the new series of AUCTeX, I officially removed
support for all versions of Emacs with major version less than 24,
thus including XEmacs.  As suggested by Tassilo, version 12.1 will be
functionally equivalent to the just released 11.92.  I'm only going
through removing mentions to old Emacsen from the manual.  Please,
abstain from applying any change to AUCTeX code this week.  Updating
the manual is welcome.

If everything goes well, I hope to be able to release version 12.1 on
Tuesday, otherwise I'll do it in the weekend.

Cheers,
Mosè