auctex-devel

[AUCTeX-devel] What is the proper way to install auctex as a user?

From: Alex Branham
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] What is the proper way to install auctex as a user?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 11:26:27 -0600

Hi all -

I'm running into some font-lock issues that I didn't have before
switching over to building auctex from the git repo. I'm wondering how
I'm supposed to build and activate auctex. I clone auctex to
~/.emacs.d/lib/auctex and then do the following:

./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=$HOME
make

Then when I open up a tex file, it works but I run into weird font-lock
issues. The latest is that occasionally everything after an equation
environment gets font-latex-math-face.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks,
Alex