auctex-devel

Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: Supporting LatexMK in AUCTeX OOTB
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 17:40:02 +0900

Hi Arash,

> So lets call it a preliminary solution ;-)  I plan to install this
> change as a starter:

[...]

> +             ;; This is essentially (eq TeX-engine 'default) since we
> +             ;; ignore 'omega completely:

This isn't quite correct because this clause covers cases for Japanese
LaTeX engines (`TeX-engine' being ptex or uptex※) as well.

※ `jtex' engine became obsolete and isn't maintained anymore as far as
I know.

> +             (t
> +              (cond ((and TeX-PDF-mode
> +                          (not (TeX-PDF-from-DVI)))
> +                     " -pdf")
> +                    ((and TeX-PDF-mode
> +                          (TeX-PDF-from-DVI))
> +                     " -pdfdvi")
> +                    ;; FIXME: Which LaTeXMK options cover this:
> +                    ;; ((and TeX-PDF-mode
> +                    ;;       (string= (TeX-PDF-from-DVI) "Dvipdfmx"))
> +                    ;;  " ???")
> +                    ((and TeX-PDF-mode
> +                          (string= (TeX-PDF-from-DVI) "Dvips"))
> +                     " -pdfps")

This clause is always ignored because of the above
> +                    ((and TeX-PDF-mode
> +                          (TeX-PDF-from-DVI))
conditional, isn't it?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine