[AUCTeX] Re: Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Scrolling using scroll wheel on Xemacs
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:18:42 -0700

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Surendra Singhi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>   Sometimes, when I try scrolling a TeX file using scroll wheel, if
>> there is a section name on top of the screen, the file doesn't
>> scroll. I have to scroll using either the scroll bars or cursor.
>> This problem doesn't happen always, and it is more easy to reproduce
>> when one tries to scroll slowly.
>>
>> I am using XEmacs 21.4.13 and the pre-release version of Auctex.
>>
>> Is it a feature or bug?
>
> Clearly a bug, but one of XEmacs, not AUCTeX.  It would probably
> happen also if you try scrolling in an info file with large headlines.
> [Checking]

I assume, they already know about it, so no use doing a bug report.

> Oh, good grief.  The fonts are _so_ ugly with XEmacs info mode that it
> is hard to tell anything (this is the editor with the presumed focus
> on GUI.  Bah.).  It is hard to judge whether it even tries picking a
> larger font for headlines and just fails.
>
> You'd likely see the same problem using preview-latex.
>

>> Suggestion: it will be good to have some "About Auctex" sub-menu
>> option.
>
> Where?

Under the Latex menu option, somewhere near Auctex bug-report and other
options.

>And what should it do?

Show a splash screen containing information about Auctex _version_ _no._,
links to auctex website, mailing lists, copyright information, etc.

--
Surendra Singhi
http://www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/

WHY SHOULD WE SAVE TIGER?
Ans: Saving the tiger means saving mankind..

Help http://pudang.tripod.com/
or https://secure.worldwildlife.org/forms/tiger_appeal_1.cfm