Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex.el.in missing in snapshots

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex.el.in missing in snapshots
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:01:00 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, I was of the impression that MikTeX contained some kpse*
> compatibility tools of dubious quality and partly incompatible
> options.

There is a kpsewhich.exe but I don't understand how it can be used to
find the texmf roots:

,----[ Output of kpsewhich -help ]

`----

> Could you try through the available tools and suggest one which could
> be used to produce the correct output?

If you call "initexmf --report" you get approx. 14 kB of configuration
infos. The output includes:

,----[ taken from initexmf --report output ]
| TeXMF Roots
| ===========
|
| #0:  -ld  C:\programme\localtexmf
| #1:  i-d  C:\programme\texmf
|  (i=install root; l=local root; d=fndb exists)
`----

If needed I can send you the full output.

>> Aaah, yes - one thing: (require 'tex-mik) no longer works. Emacs
>> reports something like 'unable to load tex-mik.el'. However both
>> tex-mik.el and tex-mik.elc reside under $PREFIX/site-lisp/auctex.
>
> Which is out of the load-path.  Hm.  Good that you reported this.

Actually I don't have any instructions in my config files to include
\site-lisp and \site-lisp\auctex in the lisp search path. It always
worked without. In 11.55, tex-mik.elc is also in the /auctex directory
(as you know, of course) and with 11.55 (require 'tex-mik) works - in
the current snapshot it doesn't. Hmmmh ...

--
Uwe