[AUCTeX] Re: Wish: Compile current frame

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Wish: Compile current frame
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:02:23 +0200

>>> "David" == David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

 > Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
 >> Dear wonderful developers of the most indispensable TeX editor, I
 >> have a wish to express: when working with classes such as Beamer and
 >> others, in addition to have compile buffer/master/region, adding a
 >> "compile current frame", the one enclosing the cursor, would help
 >> tremendously.

 > Well, you could try

 > C-c . C-c C-t C-r

 > And then the region for C-c C-r is pinned around the current
 > environment for subsequent invocations of C-c C-r.

That's a nice approximation, but that's not quite it: I have some
frames with pretty many embedded environment, so I have to move the
cursor to an almost-outer-most-point :(

Anyway I'm not fighting to get the feature, I just meant to suggest
it.  The cycle to select the region does it, it's just longer, and has
to be updated each time you move to another frame.