[AUCTeX] Re: footnote highlighting

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: footnote highlighting
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:15:21 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2005-05-31) writes:

> * Jim Ottaway (2005-05-31) writes:
>
>> Would it be possible to have a footnote class in
>> font-latex-built-in-keyword-classes that does the same as the
>> reference class by default?  Then one could modify footnote
>> highlighting independently of reference commands? [I can see the merit
>> of /some/ highlighting of the footnote such as the background colour].
>
>>From my point of view this would not make much sense because I
> consider the current behavior favorable, that means the reference face
> overwriting the other textual faces.

Oh, just noticed that I was writing nonsense.  Of course your
suggestion would work.  I simply mixed this up with thoughts about
moving the reference keywords in `font-latex-built-in-keyword-classes'
further downward which would allow other keyword classes to overwrite
the reference face.

Anyway, another issue I have with the proposal is that I don't think
footnotes alone warrant a new built-in keyword class.  If we do this
for other LaTeX macros as well we'll soon have a keyword class
inflation.  That means the suggestion about disabling selected classes
of the built-in keyword classes would still be my favorite.

--
Ralf