Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX Folding: Feature Request

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX Folding: Feature Request
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:38:06 +0200

* Joachim Schlosser (2005-06-02) writes:

> Folding this shows two things: First, the item label is hidden, which
> may lead to confusion. Instead of
> * It has a nice description of a variable
> it would be nice to see
> *[A Label] It has a nice description of a variable

Hm, this is currently rather hard to accomplish because at the time
TeX-fold determines a macro boundary the structure of the macro isn't
looked at.  And making TeX-fold aware of that will require some work.
I cannot promise to do something like this soon.

> Second, wouldn't it be nice to process the textsu[b|per]script in the
> same way it is the case in math mode for "^" and "_"?

Font locking currently highlights the contents of a macro argument
along with its braces.  At least for me it would look awkward to have
this raised or lowered altogether.  I know this is the same in math
mode but there you don't have a long macro in front of the raised or
lowered content.  We might think about this once we support
highlighting of arguments only.

--
Ralf