[AUCTeX] Re: Waiting for moderator approval... since Friday.

From: Franz Haeuslschmid
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Waiting for moderator approval... since Friday.
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:15:09 +0200

David Kastrup writes:

> Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Dear developers of AUCTeX,
>>
>> it may be your policy to cease accepting bug reports in the
>> run-up to AUCTeX's new version.  Or it may be a spam detector
>> killing my messages.  Or it may be that email is an unreliable
>> service.  But this doesn't matter, anyway.  I decided to attach
>> the bug report that I created last Friday to the bottom of this
>> list.
>
> I am pretty sure that I approved this.  Maybe something went wrong in
> the process.  Sorry for that.

No problem there.  It seems only, that the bug report doesn't
pop up in Gmane's nntp or web interface.  That is what irritated me.

> One easy way out is to subscribe to the list in question.  You can set
> your list delivery options to not receive any mail if you don't want
> to see bug reports from others.  Being subscribed with delivery turned
> off will still cause your mails to get through without moderation
> (unless they trigger some other filter because of size or other
> stuff).

OK, I see it more clearly now.  Do I understand it right, that
there are two methods for reporting bug reports? One way is to
open a thread on gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs, the other to send a
message to address@hidden  The latter case requires
moderator approval.  I see much clearer now;-)

Franz.