[AUCTeX] TeX-fold-mode and preview-LATeX

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-fold-mode and preview-LATeX
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:03:32 +0200

I have successfully installed the current AUCTeX to be 11.80, and updated to the current GNU Emacs developper version (2005-06-26). All of my previous .emacs.el entries except one work fine, but one of them appears not to be compatible with the new AUCTeX version.

Previously, I had the line:

'(LaTeX-mode-hook (quote (turn-on-reftex (lambda nil (TeX-fold-mode 1)))) t)

among my custom set variables. This served to activate fold mode whenever latex mode is active. But if this entry is in my .emacs.el, the Preview menu won't show up in a latex buffer, while the AUCTeX Command menu will.

Now, this is no big deal for me, because not being a mathematician I rarely use Preview LAteX anyway, and because I can still activate fold mode through the menu.

I am wondering, though, if this could be a bug and if there's another way to activate fold mode autimatically without disturbing Preview LATeX.

Thanks for any help,

Rainer Thiel

--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Friedrich-Schiller-Univ., Inst. f. Altertumswiss.