Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with quotation marks

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with quotation marks
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:41:13 +0100

On 29-06-2005 18:15, Ralf Angeli wrote:

Besides, how do I set the value `french' to font-latex-quotes? Do I add
a line to _emacs that says "(setq font-latex-quotes french)"?

It's usually better to use Emacs' customization facilities for this.
In the case at hand this means
`M-x customize-variable RET font-latex-quotes RET'.

Ok. I've tried to do it, but I found out that the default value is
"french" anyway, which is what I need.

This actually does not solve my problem at all. Consider the following
LaTeX file:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}
"<Something">. $a^\pi$
\end{document}

When I see it, the syntax highlighting if the correct one. But if I
replace the line

"<Something">. $a^\pi$

by

«Something». $a^\pi$

I have again the problems described at my original post. Furthermore, as
I said in my original post, I *do not* have these problems when I use
Emacs without auctex. Therefore, this really looks like an auctex bug.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos