Re: [AUCTeX] Install report: Emacs and Windows 98

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Install report: Emacs and Windows 98
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:08:01 +0200

* Harald von Aschen (2005-08-09) writes:

> In Mingw I have to set the path-variable to my needs, this is GhostScript,
> TeXLive and the rest who has aready been in path:
>
> $ PATH=".:/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin: \
> /c/WINDOWS:/c/WINDOWS/COMMAND: \
> /f/PROGRAMME/GS/GS8.13/BIN: \
> /f/PROGRAMME/TEXLIVE/BIN/WIN32"
>
> $ export PATH
>
> After that the installation runs through without any problems and with
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=g:/tst/emacs-21.3 \
> --with-texmf-dir=f:/Programme/TeXLive/texmf
>
> and then make and then make install.

Okay.

> Perhaps this could be a hint in the
> installation guide for Windows users?

You mean setting $PATH?  I think this can be mentioned in the
installation instructions.  But users should rather set the permanent,
system-wide variable than doing this temporarily in the shell used for
the installation.  In the end, many of the programs in $PATH are
supposed to be found after the installation as well.  And many may not
have variables associated with them which hold the path to the
executable.

> Do you still need my config.log file?

As seemingly everything worked, I don't need it anymore.

--
Ralf