[AUCTeX] Re: Installation of auc-tex

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Installation of auc-tex
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:33:13 +0200

" Curtis Broadbent" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've installed auc-tex as per the instructions
> given and have run into some problems.
>
> 1) It turns out that Cygwin doesn't recognize the
> 'make' or 'make install' command, though msys does.  I found this out by
> trying to use cygwin first, before downloading msys.

Ah, yes. The program `make' is not downloaded/installed by default in
Cygwin. You have to check the box for `make' under `Developer Tools'
(or something similar).

If you then download Cygwin and install it later from your downloaded
local copy, `make' won't be installed automatically either. You have
to check its box again.

--
Christian Schlauer