[AUCTeX] Re: preview area width

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: preview area width
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:08:06 +0100

Lynn Quam <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup replied:
>>
>>  Perhaps you could provide example files and an explanation of what
>>  commands you use, what happens, and what you would expect to happen.
>>  At least I have absolutely no clue what the context may be in which
>>  your problem arises.
>
> Here is my configuration:
>   Running Fedora Core 4, i686 athlon i386
>   CMU Common Lisp Snapshot 2005-10 (19C)
>   maxima-5.9.2 (supplies emaxima)
>   auctex-11.81
>   GNU Emacs 21.4.1
>
>   Display screen is a 1600x1200 LED monitor.
>   Virtual screen size is 3200x1600.
>
> Here is an example file, without the preview output.
>
> %-*-EMaxima-*-
> \documentclass[10pt]{article}

Well, it is really the business of emaxima.sty how wide the boxes with
the math inside are, so you should complain to the author of the style
file.

You'll find that the developer version of GNU Emacs (see the docs for
AUCTeX 11.81) will handle large images much more gracefully when
scrolling, however.

> Sorry that the jpeg files are so large.

Screen shots should be done as PNG files usually.  Loading them into
the Gimp and converting to a 16-color palette before saving again can
shrink them considerably further with a tolerable result in
visibility.  And please keep the list copied when answering so that
others can contribute too.