Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsa

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsavailable
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:57:53 +0100

"Adam Johnson" <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, I found the way to customize the variable
> "preview-gs-command" and manually added all the path of the command to
> be "c:/gs/gs8.51/bin/GSWIN32C.EXE". Then it works now.
>
> Still confused that why it cannot find the program automatically even
> though it is under the default path. Same thing happened when I
> installed AUCTeX by myself.

Could you explain what you actually mean by »the default path«? Do you
really speak about the PATH variable or about something else?

I have added the /lib and the /bin subdirectories of Ghostscript to the
environment variable PATH and I've never had the problems you describe.

You can check by typing 'path' at the command prompt.

--
Uwe