Re: [AUCTeX] Can't get previews

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Can't get previews
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:48:29 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> I installed the precompiled version of preview-latex, successfully I
> think,

of Emacs?

> after unsuccessfully trying to compile the separate components by
> myself.  (Thanks for the precompiled version!)  I get the Preview
> and Command menus, but when I tried a preview in the file circ.tex,
> I get the message to use C-c C-l to see the compilation, then I get
> the message in another emacs window, but no preview!!?

Could you use
M-x preview-report-bug RET
or the respective menu entry Preview/Report Bug for reporting bugs?
That would give more relevant information.

> Preview-DviPS finished at Mon Jan 09 13:51:57
>
> Running `Preview-Ghostscript' with ``"GSWIN32C.EXE" "-dOutputFile=(circ.prv/
> tmp23688rt/pr1-%d.png)" "-q" "-dSAFER" "-dNOPAUSE" "-DNOPLATFONTS" "-dPrinted"
> "-dTextAlphaBits=4" "-dGraphicsAlphaBits=4" "-sDEVICE=png16m"
> "-r99.568x106.206"''
>

> Does this suggest some kind of error??

Not at all.  It suggests things working fine, at least the extract
that you show here.  Conceivable problems might occur with running
GhostScript, but your extract is too short to figure that out.

Stupid question: have you actually paged down in circ.tex?  The
previews don't appear in a separate window, they are placed right into
the source buffer.

And the first 1.5 pages of circ.tex or so do not contain any
previewable material.