Re: [AUCTeX] turn off auto-breaking of long comment lines

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] turn off auto-breaking of long comment lines
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:53:34 +0200

[Resent because the original did not include the mailing list.  When
answering please keep the list copied.]

* Ryan Krauss (2006-04-28) writes:

> I have added
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-off-auto-fill)

Normally this shouldn't be necessary.  `auto-fill-mode' is disabled by
default unless you or the distributor of your Emacs version enabled it
explicitely.

> to .emacs and now auto-fill-function is nil and this problem goes
> away.  (If I comment out this line, its value is do-auto-fill).  This
> solves my immediate problem.  Is there a way to turn auto-fill off for
> just comments?

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (set (make-local-variable 'auto-fill-inhibit-regexp) "^[ \t]*%")))

> Is there a way to make the word wrapping that is
> displayed on the screen occur only at word boundaries but without
> inserting newlines?

Longlines mode.  Included in CVS Emacs with longlines.el.

--
Ralf