Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-outline-regexp

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] TeX-outline-regexp
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:35:12 +0200

* Martin Rud Ehmsen (2006-08-17) writes:

> I have tried various approaches, like doing
>
> (setq TeX-outline-extra '(("\\\\begin" 7)))
>
> and also tried to alter outline-regexp, but nothing seems to work.
> In fact it seems like setting TeX-outline-extra does not have any
> effect, no matter what I set it to (bug?).

Works for me.

Assuming the following LaTeX file:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{foo}
  bar
\end{foo}
\end{document}

If I activate Outline minor mode with `M-x outline-minor-mode RET',
place point at the beginning of the line with "bar" and type `M-x
hide-entry RET', an ellipsis appear after "\begin{foo}" and the two
lines before "\end{document}" are collapsed.

This is with CVS Emacs.

BTW, you might want to have a look at
(info "(auctex)Folding") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.
as well, in case you have a moderately recent AUCTeX installation.

--
Ralf