Re: [AUCTeX] Re: automatic completion of styles

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: automatic completion of styles
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:12:46 +0200

Seweryn Kokot <address@hidden> writes:

> I found the problem, namely my styles are in
> "/home/sewi/elisp/auctex-11.83/style" directory and not in
> "/home/sewi/elisp/auctex-11.83/auctex/style" as it was set
> automatically by auctex. I only have load-path set to
> "/home/sewi/elisp/auctex-11.83/" in .emacs.
>
> If I set TeX-style-global explicitly in .emacs file then
> \includegraphics and \unit macros occur properly.
>
> Is it a bug? How and where the paths in TeX-style-path was generated?

If AUCTeX has been installed _exclusively_ by "make install", it is a
bug and you should report your parameters to "configure" and the
resulting log files and output from make.

If AUCTeX has been installed by moving files around manually, in
particular moving the startup file manually to a different directory,
this is to be expected.

INSTALL explicitly says:

`--with-auctexstartfile=`auctex.el''
`--with-previewstartfile=`preview-latex.el''
     This is the name of the respective startup files.  If LISPDIR
     contains a subdirectory `site-start.d', the start files are placed
     there, and `site-start.el' should load them automatically.  Please
     be aware that you must not move the start files after installation
     since other files are found _relative_ to them.