Re: [AUCTeX] Beamer customizations

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Beamer customizations
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:41:29 +0100

* Ryan Krauss (2006-11-05) writes:

> I would like to have two things customized for my for using Auctex
> with Beamer.  First, when the document class is Beamer, is there a way
> to have the itemize environment default to
> \begin{itemize}[<+-| address@hidden>]

Unfortunately doing something like that is not provided by the
machinery for adding and inserting environments.  You'd have to write
your own function for inserting the environment together with the
optional argument, and the first item.  I guess at some point we
should make `LaTeX-add-environments' as versatile as
`TeX-add-symbols'.

> Second, when in an itemize enviroment, after a line containing \item
> blah, blah, blah, when I hit return it would be great if the next line
> automatically indented to the same place and inserted a  \item .  Can
> this be done?

Type `M-RET' or `C-c C-j'.

--
Ralf