[AUCTeX] RE: Inconvenient format of latex-insert-environment for Beamer

From: mirko.vukovic
Subject: [AUCTeX] RE: Inconvenient format of latex-insert-environment for Beamer frames
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:08:01 -0500

I am running on Windows XP.  I have a drive for all my(non windows and non-
IS programs), and there I have both emacs and my site-lisp directory.

This is a leftover from ages ago, when I was worried that a new installation
of emacs would overwrite my lisp files.

> > (load "tex-mik")
>
> That should be `(require 'tex-mik)', but I don't think this makes a
> big difference.
Will change

> > (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
> > (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
> > (setq TeX-auto-save t) ;; enable parsing of latex documents
> > (setq TeX-parse-self t)
>
> That looks okay.  After loading your beamer test file, do you see
> something like
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style/beamer.elc...done
> in the *Messages* buffer?

Yes:

> > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
> > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'LaTeX-install-toolbar) ; added
> on 11/25/06
>
> That's not necessary with AUCTeX 11.83.  Do you have 11.83?  Perhaps
> you could send the output of `M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET'?

I have AUCTeX 11.82.  I'll upgrade to 11.83

> > (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
> > ;; set ispell parser to tex
> > (add-hook 'tex-mode-hook (function (lambda () (setq
> ispell-parser 'tex))))
>
> `tex-mode-hook' is not an AUCTeX variable.  And you don't need
> `function' because `lambda' quotes itself.

This is also very ancient.  I don't even know what it does.
> --
> Ralf

Thanks,

Mirko