Re: [AUCTeX] redefining figure environment

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] redefining figure environment
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:49:34 +0100

* Seweryn Kokot (2007-01-11) writes:

> How to redefine auctex figure environment in order to replace
> commands \caption and \label with one command
> \mycaption{label}{language1}{language2} when typing "C-c C-e figure".

I'm afraid caption creation currently is hard-coded in
`LaTeX-env-figure'.  You'll have to reimplement a similar function
inserting a \mycaption macro.

> Preferably I would like the second version only if in the main tex
> file there is \documentclass{myclass}.

You could do this with a myclass.el AUCTeX style file where you define
the function and define its use for the insertion of figure
environments by `LaTeX-add-environments'.

--
Ralf