Re: [SPAM] Re: [AUCTeX] inserting dollars

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [AUCTeX] inserting dollars
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:32:38 +0100

* juan mari alberdi (2007-01-23) writes:

> I've activated 'TeX-math-close-double-dollar' and now the first part is
> OK, that is, if I open with a double dollar AUCTeX changes a closing
> single dollar to a double dollar. But the second part doesn't work, that
> is, if I open with a single dollar and close with a double dollar the
> opening single dollar does not change to a double dollar.

I don't know if such functionality was ever implemented.  If it was,
it was before I started to work on AUCTeX.  At least now there is no
trace of it.  Also, I don't think it is very useful.  Usually one
knows what kind of math switches to use before opening and closing the
construct.  Please explain if you think the functionality would be
useful.  For now I've removed that sentence from documentation.

--
Ralf