Re: [AUCTeX] switching fonts

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] switching fonts
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:48:51 +0100

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 06:39:01PM +0100, juan mari alberdi wrote:
> Thank you Joost, I've read your faq but I didn't find there an answer to
> my results.

i think it is there, though.

> In the second instance of my example,
>
> \texbf{mamma \textrm{mia} mamma}
>
> I don't get the word `mia' in roman, all the sentence is in bold. The
> other three instances are alright.

define "roman". \textrm selects the roman font family, but does not say
anything about weight. the difference between \rm and \textrm is that \rm
not only selects the roman font family, but also sets weight to
normal. \textrm *only* selects roman font, but leaves weight untouched.

btw, i don't mean to be rude, but a question like this is probably better
asked on a (la)tex forum such as comp.text.tex, as it has nothing to do
with auctex.

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Cologne