Re: [AUCTeX] where can i find .emacs file

From: sven . bretfeld
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] where can i find .emacs file
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:11:35 +0100

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 11:20:51AM +0800, xiaopeng hu wrote:
> in my main fold of ubuntu,i can not find the file .
> but my emacs can aware of tex file.

You know that files begining with a dott are invisible by default? You
can see them by typing "ls -a" in a shell or by activating "view
invisible files" (or something like this) in Konqueror. Anyway, you
can just "find" the file with Emacs. If an empty document opens, you
don't have this file yet. When you save this buffer the file will be
created. I think it's normal that Ubuntu doesn't automatically create
a .emacs file for the users when you install Emacs.

Sven