[AUCTeX] Re: Newbie with Emacs: problem with pdf!

From: Frederic Andres
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie with Emacs: problem with pdf!
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:11:04 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Frederic Andres <lillumultipass <at> yahoo.fr> writes:
>
> > Recently, I switched to MacOS, but since I also use Windows, I
> > decided that I might as well learn a cross-platform TeX-editor such
> > as Emacs. I have installed Emacs+AucTeX on windows (and Aquamacs on
> > MACOS), but I can't see any pdf with pdflatex. At first, I thouht
> > that there were some LaTeXerrors, but since the same files were
> > working fine in Texshop or Winedt, I was surprised. So, I added some
> > random text to my file, and compiled it, and then I opened the pdf
> > manually, and the new text was there. Hence, it compiles ok, but it
> > does not want to open it as a pdf, using "Preview" for instance
> > under MacOS.
>
> What does "using Preview" mean?  Which keystrokes?  What do you try?
> Does it help to read the manual?
>
> (info "(auctex) Viewing")

Sorry: Preview is the standard pdf viewer in MacOS. I don't use any keystrokes
actually: in texing options I choose "pdf mode" (that is C-c C-t C-p) then I
click on "Run Latex" in the toolbar which compiles my document, then on "Run
viewer" but it does not work. So I was wondering whether there were some
problems with the file associations for instance...
I am reading the manual, but it is of no help for the moment.
However, since I am a real newbie with Emacs, I might discover something
helpful, do I keep reading it.