[AUCTeX] Re: bug with the aquamacs' toolbar handling of auctex

From: David Reitter
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: bug with the aquamacs' toolbar handling of auctex
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:58:48 +0100

Two issues with this:

- Are you not meant to do this from your .emacs, or call (LaTeX- install-toolbar) after changing the setting?

It doesn't seem to say you need to, and I don't understand why AUCTeX doesn't call it directly by defining a setter function in the defcustom for TeX-bar-(La)TeX-buttons. Maybe that'd be something that could be done on the AUCTeX side. I'm cc'ing the AUCTeX list - maybe our colleagues there can shed light on this.

- there was a bug in Aquamacs related to this which has now been fixed - thanks for bringing this to my attention.

When I call LaTeX-install-toolbar after changing TeX-bar-LaTeX- buttons, it'll now update the toolbar accordingly. Restarting should also work.