Re: [AUCTeX] C-h m does not display documentation about the mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] C-h m does not display documentation about the mode
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:51:15 +0200

* Damien Cassou (2007-06-07) writes:

> I'm on Ubuntu 7.04 and I use the emacs package of Alexandre Vassalotti
> (http://peadrop.com/blog/2007/01/06/pretty-emacs) which is build on
> top of Emacs CVS. Emacs version is : "GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1
> (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.11) of 2007-06-02 on helios".
>
> When I press 'C-h m' on a tex file, I have the following documentation:
>

> "
> PDFLaTeX mode:
> Major mode for editing files of input for LaTeX.
> Makes $ and } display the characters they match.
> Makes " insert `` when it seems to be the beginning of a quotation,
> and '' when it appears to be the end; it inserts " only after a \.

Except for the "PDF" in "PDFLaTeX mode" this looks like you are using
the default LaTeX mode of Emacs and not AUCTeX.

> Special commands:
>
> Uses keymap "latex-mode-map", which is not currently defined.

I'm not sure how this can happen, since `latex-mode-map' is defined in
tex-mode.el (the file for the built-in LaTeX mode).  So once the file is
loaded, it should be there.  Either your Emacs (or AUCTeX) installation
is broken or you are doing something nasty in your init file.

FWIW, in my case (CVS Emacs from trunk, CVS AUCTeX) key bindings are
displayed with `C-h m' with the LaTeX mode of both AUCTeX and Emacs.

--
Ralf