Re: [AUCTeX] Problems when viewing pdf files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Problems when viewing pdf files
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:39:07 +0100

* Carlos González-Aguado (2007-11-03) writes:

> In the View command where you have to put the path of the viewer, there is a
> subtle difference between these two orders:
> 1 - "C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\acrord32.exe" "filename.pdf"
> 2 - "C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\acrord32.exe" filename.pdf
>
> The only difference are the quotes ("). But the second order works, while
> the first one don't work!!!

What exactly happens?  What versions of Emacs and AUCTeX are you
using?

If I had to take a guess, the problems will likely go away if you add
two quotes between the viewer and the file name.

But I think putting the whole path to the viewer into
`TeX-output-view-style' is unpleasant anyway.  So what I would do is
download the latest Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windows from the AUCTeX
homepage, get rid of the customization of `TeX-output-view-style' and
put (require 'tex-mik) into the init file.  Once you have done this
your system-wide default viewer for PDF files will be invoked when you
preview a PDF file.

--
Ralf