Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:19:20 -0500

Hello David,

yes, I have read the INSTALL. windows file, I even printed it and have it
in front of me.  I did "require('tex-mik)" and I did look-up the AUCTeX
customize group but I can't figure out how to change the default!!!  I
sometimes think that "Customize" in Emacs is for Emacs-experts, not simple
users!

Thanks,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques, Actuariat
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: address@hidden

             David Kastrup
             <address@hidden>
             2007/11/20 12:25          address@hidden
                                                                        cc
                                       address@hidden,
                                       address@hidden
                                                                     Objet

address@hidden writes:

> Then I moved on to set up AUCTEX  (11.84) which went OK as well, it
solved
> most of the problems I reported when I first posted BUT I have a hard
time
> to get it to use YAP rather than GSView as a pre-viewer, anyone knows how
> to do that?

INSTALL.windows or the respective manual section has this to say:

(info "(auctex) Installation under MS Windows")

 11. With XEmacs, AUCTeX and preview-latex should now be active by
     default.  With Emacs, activation depends on a working
     `site-start.d' directory or similar setup, since then the startup
     files `auctex.el' and `preview-latex.el' will have been placed
     there.  If this has not been done, you should be able to load the
     startup files manually with
          (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
          (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t)
     in either a site-wide `site-start.el' or your personal startup file
     (usually accessible as `~/.emacs' from within Emacs and
     `~/.xemacs/init.el' from within XEmacs).

     The default configuration of AUCTeX is probably not the best fit
     for Windows systems.  You might want to add
          (require 'tex-mik)
     or
          (require 'tex-fptex)
     in order to get more appropriate values for MiKTeX and fpTeX,
     respectively after loading `auctex.el' and `preview-latex.el'.

     You can always use

          M-x customize-group RET AUCTeX RET

     in order to customize more stuff, or use the `Customize' menu.

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez
reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake
please destroy all copies.