[AUCTeX] how to load auctex in emacs

From: Markus Feldmann
Subject: [AUCTeX] how to load auctex in emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:18:51 +0100

Hi All,

My System,
        Debian Etch
        Linux Kernel 2.6.23-9 stable
        emacs 22.1 self compiled from source
        auctex 11.84 self compiled from source

My Problem,
        I can not switch to an "auctex-mode" or do not know the
        correct way to load the auctex package.

My Comments,
        I can switch to tex-mode using the command "M-x tex-mode".
        But there are not nice Menu Bars listing tex Commands.
        I have compiled emacs and auctex simple by,
                ./configure && make && make install
        Further on my emacs seems not to know anything about auctex.
        I searched for anything include auctex in the name in emacs but
        did not find anything.

My Questions,
        How do i have to compile auctex to let emacs load automatically
        the auctex package?
        How do i have to compile emacs to load the auctex package when
        i create a new *.tex file.
        Do you have got some Hints for me?

bye Markus