Re: [AUCTeX] templates for diploma thesis

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] templates for diploma thesis
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:36:34 +0100

* Markus Feldmann (2007-11-28) writes:

>       I want to write my Diploma Thesis with texlive+emacs+auctex
>       and want to use a template for this.

Your professor will likely have some requirements regarding the layout
of the document.  So I'd start with an appropriate KOMA-Script or
memoir class and add settings and packages step by step.

Make sure to read introductory literature like lshort and l2tabu as
well as the documentation of the classes and packages you are using.
The English TeX FAQ is also a good place to look for information.

Since you have a German mail address you might also want to consult
the usenet group de.comp.text.tex.  Its participants can provide good
advice on questions related to LaTeX in general, while the AUCTeX
mailing list in contrast is more concerned with AUCTeX.

--
Ralf