Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 released

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX 11.85 released
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:56:54 +0100

* José Carlos Santos (2008-02-10) writes:

> On 10-02-2008 15:26, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> Release notes for AUCTeX 11.85 with preview-latex
>
> Thanks for the new release. Are there any plans concerning the
> creation of a precompiled version of CVS Emacs for Windows with
> AUCTeX preinstalled?

No.  The main reason for providing the bundle was the lack of a
precompiled Emacs with image support on Windows.  Since Emacs 22 was
released and is provided as a precompiled package for Windows there is
no need for this anymore.

Of course the Emacs/AUCTeX bundle was a bit more convenient because it
included the required image libraries as well as -- obviously -- AUCTeX.
Reiner is currently lobbying in emacs-devel for the inclusion or at
least provision of image libraries for Emacs 22.2 on Windows.  If all
goes well this will be done and make the installation on Windows easier.
With respect to AUCTeX I'll check if we can provide something like a
precompiled AUCTeX which you can simply drop into your Emacs tree.  I
don't have a date for this yet, though.

--
Ralf