Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.85

From: Thomas A. Schmitz
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.85
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:14:28 +0100

On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:28 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:

I checked in a fix which prevents the error from appearing during
runtime.  But one should update the user keywords nevertheless because
the old syntax is not supported anymore, i.e. the macro arguments will
no longer be highlighted with the color once specified.

-- Ralf

Thanks for looking into this. No problem with old syntax becoming obsolete; a warning somewhere would be nice.

On a related note: In ConTeXt, we have TeX commands with brackets as delimiters (no braces), like

\foo[XXX]

Is there a way to define a user keyword so that XXX will be highlighted in a certain color? I couldn't find a way to do this, and the information in the customization screen seems to indicate that it's only possible for arguments within braces. Or have I missed something?

Thomas