Re: [AUCTEX] question: bibtex on separate files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTEX] question: bibtex on separate files
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:16 +0100

* Guy Durrieu (2008-02-12) writes:

> Is there a way under auctex, with the master file specified in each
> separate file, to run bibtex as expected by chapterbib, i.e. for each
> included file, really separately from the master file?

At least I cannot think of one.  (I'd be delighted, however, if somebody
proved me wrong.)  With the `TeX-master' variable it is quite easy for
AUCTeX to find the master file starting from an included file.  However,
finding all included files starting from the master file is more
difficult because the information is somewhat buried in the style files
generated by parsing the document.  RefTeX does a better job in keeping
track of such information but there is no obvious way for utilizing it
for your use case.  (Again, at least for me.  Perhaps somebody else has
some idea.)

--
Ralf