[AUCTeX] Re: missing toolbar icons when in latex mode

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: missing toolbar icons when in latex mode
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 12:17:18 +0200

On Sat, May 10 2008, Bernhard Kleine wrote:

> I finally managed to get my icons into the AucTeX part of the toolbar.
> However, whenever I open a tex-file, I loose the "open file" and the
> "kill buffer" icons.
>
> Since these are obviously part not only of AucTeX, I wonder how to get
> keep them with TeX-files.

See the variables TeX-bar-TeX-buttons and TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons:

,----[ <f1> v TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons RET ]
| TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons is a variable defined in `tex-bar.el'.
| Its value is
| (new-file open-file kill-buffer save-buffer undo cut copy paste
|         [separator nil]
|         latex next-error view bibtex nil)
|
| Documentation:
| List of buttons available in `latex-mode'.
| It should be a list in the same format of the BUTTONS parameter
| in function `toolbarx-install-toolbar', often a symbol that
| labels a button or Emacs/XEmacs choice of buttons.
|
| Type `M-x TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons' for a list of available buttons.
|
| Buttons are defined in alists (labels associated to properties
| that define a button).  For a list of variables that hold such
| alists, see variable `TeX-bar-LaTeX-all-button-alists'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

TeX-bar-TeX-buttons and TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons are customizable, but
the custom type should include all the Emacs standard buttons.  I'll
sync these from `gmm-tool-bar-zap-list' (gmm-utils.el in Gnus) now.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)