Re: [AUCTeX] Contribution

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Contribution
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:21:35 +0200

Ralf Angeli a écrit :
> * Vincent Belaïche (2008-05-12) writes:
>

>> By the way, you seem to be an AucTeX guru, and I have a minor problem
>> with AucTeX which I would like to explain to you:
>>
>> I have added the following customization in my init file :
>>
>> (add-hook
>> 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>> (lambda () (interactive)
>> (dolist (v
>> '(
>> (94 "\\textsuperscript{" "}")
>> (95 "\\textsubscript{" "}")
>> (?m "\\(" "\\)" "" "")
>> (?v "\\(\\mmv {" "}\\)" "\\mmv {" "}")
>> )
>> )
>> (add-to-list 'TeX-font-list v)
>> )
>> )
>> )
>>
>> When I open a LaTeX file that has \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{book} on
>> the first line and that is my master file, it works well (the
>> customization is there).
>> But when I open a LaTeX file that is not the master file, and that has
>> some file local variable like this in the last line :
>>
>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%% mode: latex
>> %%% TeX-master: "nameofthemasterfile.tex"
>> %%% reftex-label-alist: '(AMSTeX)
>> %%% End:
>>

>> Then the customization is not there.
>>

> `TeX-font-list' gets overwritten with the value of `LaTeX-font-list' in
> LaTeX mode, so you better use something like
>
> (eval-after-load "latex"
> '(progn
> (dolist (v '((94 "\\textsuperscript{" "}")
> (95 "\\textsubscript{" "}")
> (?m "\\(" "\\)" "" "")
> (?v "\\(\\mmv {" "}\\)" "\\mmv {" "}")))
> (add-to-list 'LaTeX-font-list v))))

Thanks,

I have replaced TeX-font-list by LaTeX-font-list and the problem
disappeared. Thank you for your kind help.

Note that the AucTeX info node "Font Specifiers" tells only about
"TeX-font-list" and not about "LaTeX-font-list". So, there is a problem
in documentation: I could never guess that the correct way of
customizing was using LaTeX-font-list instead of TeX-font-list based
only on documentation.

There is another problem in the same info node : One can read
-- Command: TeX-font ARG
But then, in the explanation there appear that the arguments of the
command are not ARG, but REPLACE and WHAT.

Furthermore, how comes that by explicitly invoking explicitly `M-x
LaTeX-mode', or `M-x normal-mode' (which accounts to the
same thing as a file local variable sets mode to latex mode in my case),
the customisation is activated in the non-master file.
According to your explanation (TeX-font-list being overwritten by
LaTeX-font-list), the customisation would never be activated at all.

For the same reason, your explanation is not sufficient to explain why
the customization is activated in
the first place for a master-file containing the "\documentclass{}"
statement.

VBR, and thanks again !

Vincent.

Plus de 15 millions de français utilisent Windows Live Messenger ! Téléchargez Messenger, c'est gratuit !