[AUCTeX] Re: How to start a Pdf Viewer

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: How to start a Pdf Viewer
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:54:12 +0000 (UTC)

Am Thu, 22 May 2008 15:16:04 +0200 schrieb Markus Feldmann:

> Hi All,
>
> i am searching for a Howto about starting a Pdf Viewer in Emacs +
> Auctex.
>
> My System is Debian Lenny, with emacs 22.2 + Auctex. On my Emacs Gui
> there is a Button which is labeled 'Pdf Viewer', but when i cklick on it
> nothing happens.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> I think i have to configure my .emacs File ?
>
> Regards Markus

Latex -> customize auctex -> extend this menu Klick!
Latex -> customize auctex -> tex command -> tex output viewstyle ->show
value:

you will find a line with:
extension ^pdf$

I added to the second next line

evince %o %(outpage)

saved this for the actual session and for future sessions.
and it works.

Bernhard