Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Want help in the latest auctex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Want help in the latest auctex
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:20:44 +0200

* Sethuraman (2008-07-31) writes:

> How do I change texsite.el in ~/emacs/site-lisp and tex.el in
> ~/emacs/site-lisp/auctex to accomplish this in the latest
> auctex-11.85?

It's not a good idea to change such files directly.  You will regret it
the next time you upgrade AUCTeX just like you do now.  Putting your
customizations into your personal init file is a better choice.

> For this, I inserted lines like
>
> (list "devnag" "devnag %z" 'TeX-run_command nil t)
> (list "zlatex" "latex %z" 'TeX-run_command nil t)
> (list "zxdvi" "xdvi %z" 'TeX-run_command nil t)

`TeX-run-command' is written with hyphens, not underscores.

> inserted the line
>
> (list "%z" 'file "" t)
>
> inside
>
> defcustom expand list

There is already %s which should do what you want.

> I also want ctrl-c ctrl-c devnag to ask me whether I want to save
> the buffer before running "devnag myfile", just as ctrl-c ctrl-c
> latex will ask me if I want to save the buffer before running
> "latex myfile". This is my last wish.
>
> Can you give me some advice to real novice like me?

Do `M-x customize-variable <RET> TeX-command-list <RET>' and add a new
entry for devnag.  Alternatively you could add some code to your .emacs
file which adds the respective entry to `TeX-command-list'.  This has
the advantage that the default value of it will not be overwritten.

Here is how you could do it:

(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list '("Devnag" "devnag %s" TeX-run-command t t
                                    :help "Run devnag") t))

AUCTeX will ask you if you want to save the buffer before running the
command if the variable `TeX-save-query' is non-nil.

--
Ralf