[AUCTeX] Re: Deleting generated intermediate files in Emacs+AUCTeX

From: Felipe Csaszar
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Deleting generated intermediate files in Emacs+AUCTeX
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:03:38 +0000 (UTC)

Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi <at> alice.it> writes:

> Building the document, it creates Foo.log and Foo.aux in Foo_dir, and
> TitlePage.aux in FrontBackmatter.
>
> When I decide to delete the generated intermediate files, it deletes
> only those in Foo_dir not those in FrontBackmatter, even if I repeat
> the operation (clik on toolbar delete icon) from the frame/window
> containing TitlePage.tex.

Isn't much better to create all the intermediate files in the /tmp
directory?  (so that you never pollute your working directory, and never
need to spend time removing temporary files)

Look at the "-output-directory" option available in most recent
implementations of LaTeX.

As a side note: I use this in combination with Rubber and a shell script
to further automate the creation of final documents and previews in
AUCTeX.  You can see this at the beginning of the discussion section
here: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/LaTeX

Best,

Felipe