[AUCTeX] Including files prob with AUCTeX

From: Heiko Schroeder
Subject: [AUCTeX] Including files prob with AUCTeX
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:32:05 +0100

Dear list,

since I cannot find any official FAQ and since I cannot figure anything out, I
did wrong, I would appreciate your help:

PROBLEM: The \include-command does not find any files belonging to the
project.

1. My AUCTeX-Configuration for .emacs:

(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook (lambda ()
                           (TeX-fold-mode 1)))
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)

(setq-default TeX-master nil)
(setq TeX-auto-save t)

2. MASTER FILE, called zMat1.tex
at the end the comments
%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

3. CHAPTER-FILE: called mat0.tex which is in directory called mat0
at the end the comments:

\chapter{Test}
This is a test.
\endinput{}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "../zMat1"
%%% End:

4. INCLUDE:
in master file I included the file with

\include{mat0/mat0}

\include in AUCTeX does not find ANY of the directories in the current
directory.  When translating the master file outside emacs NO PROBLEM occurs.
Even not on the last run. But \include does not find ANY file. Even the macro
\endinput is not known.

Thank you very much for your help.  If this is a stupd question, I would
appreciate, if you can give me a hint, where to look in the manual. In Chap.
8 and Chap. 9 I cannot find annything I have forgotten.

Cheers Heiko
--
Heiko Schroeder
Praha, Ceska Republica