Re: [AUCTeX] The View command under TeXlive.

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] The View command under TeXlive.
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:38:12 -0500

Thanks Sven and Ralf,

the packages forcing the View-command to call "dvips" rather than "xdvi"
were: pstricks and psfrag.  This is a nice feature but, nothing is simple
it seems, my PostScript viewer is not called "gv" but "ggv"; in my .emacs I
have added the command GSview, which calls "ggv", to TeX-command-list and
this works fine but if I need "pstricks" then the command View-command will
still call, e.g.:

dvips quick.dvi -o && gv quick.ps

if I change "gv" to "ggv", in the mini-buffer, before hitting <enter> all
is well; how do I get Auctex to automatically write "ggv" in the above
command rather than "gv"?

Thanks again,

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques,
VP Planification et Développement des Marchés,
Desjardins Groupe d'Assurances Générales
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: address@hidden

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"  --  Albert Einstein

address@hidden a écrit sur 2009/01/12 14:33:51
:

> * Sven Bretfeld (2009-01-12) writes:
>
> > address@hidden writes:
> >
> >> If I do the same thing (latex and then view) on one of my own file I
get:

> >> dvips quick.dvi -o && gv quick.ps
>
> > If the problem is what I think
>
> This is supposed to be a feature, not a problem.  People who don't like
> the feature can customize `TeX-output-view-style'.
>
> --
> Ralf

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez
reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication ( and/or the attachments ) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake
please destroy all copies.

Faites bonne impression et imprimez seulement au besoin !
Think green before you print !