Re: [AUCTeX] A proposal for an extension of AucTeX functionalities

From: Uwe Siart
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] A proposal for an extension of AucTeX functionalities
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 19:53:23 +0100

Daniele Tampieri <address@hidden> writes:

> 2) As you probably know there is a computer algebra package called
>    Maxima which interacts well with emacs and has interesting features.

Yes, it's OT, but I would be greatly interested in which manner you use
Emacs together with Maxima. The only way I know is to call 'M-x shell'
and then run Maxima from the shell prompt. Having the maxima output
within an Emacs buffer enthuses me a lot but is there something advanced
which I do not know yet?

>    Would it be possible to use preview-latex in order to display formulas
>    and results of numerical computations in a LaTeX format, ready to be
>    included in scientific documentation?

Why would you need preview-latex for that purpose? Is Maxima's function
'tex(expr)' not suitable for you?

--
Uwe