Re: [AUCTeX] Strange extra buffer filename.tex<2>

From: Ed C.
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Strange extra buffer filename.tex<2>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:22:07 -0600

Torben Knudsen wrote:
For a while I have had this small but annoying problem when using
auc-tex.  Sometimes when I am writing to a filename.tex file I
suddenly see it has changed into filename.tex<2> buffer.  This usually
happens after spell checking.  Any help is appreciated.

This is normal Emacs behavior whenever you have 2 or more file-buffers open with the same name but located in different directories. You can even get filename.tex<3> if you visit a new file with the same name in yet another directory. I suppose that ispell or aspell made a copy of the file somewhere else.