Re: [AUCTeX] Strange extra buffer filename.tex<2>

From: Torben Knudsen
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Strange extra buffer filename.tex<2>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:00:02 +0200

"Ed C." <address@hidden> writes:

> Torben Knudsen wrote:
>> For a while I have had this small but annoying problem when using
>> auc-tex.  Sometimes when I am writing to a filename.tex file I
>> suddenly see it has changed into filename.tex<2> buffer.  This usually
>> happens after spell checking.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> This is normal Emacs behavior whenever you have 2 or more file-buffers
> open with the same name but located in different directories. You can
> even get filename.tex<3> if you visit a new file with the same name in
> yet another directory. I suppose that ispell or aspell made a copy of
> the file somewhere else.

I know it is normal if I open more files with the same name.  However
I didn't.  Maybee it was spell, auctex or something else that opened
it.  My question is how to avoid this as I often find my self suddenly
spell checking in a copy finame.tex<2> when i started spell checking
in filename.tex.

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen     Mobile  : (+45) 2787 9826
Section of Automation and Control,      Direct  : 6 8694