Re: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF Forward search

From: Damien Cassou
Subject: Re: Re: [AUCTeX] PDF Forward search
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:23:07 -0700 (PDT)

Ralf Angeli-3 wrote:

> * Rasmus Pank Roulund (2009-01-08) writes:
>
>> A long time has passed and AUCTeX now support Synctex in the CVS build.
>>
>> I use syntex and I am trying to get support for forward search via
>> AUCTeX.
>>
>> At the moment I am using sumatra-forward.el:
>> http://william.famille-blum.org/software/sumatra/sumatra-forward.el
>>
>> Is there any alternative solution bundeled with AUCTeX. I have looked in
>> the dev. list but it seems that synctex han merly been supported, not
>> utilized for forward search. At least not directly in AUCTeX. Is this
>> correct or have I missed something?
>
> You have missed something.  Forward search is supported in conjunction
> with xpdf via the %(outpage) expander.

I can't made it work. I've installed AUCTeX from CVS today. I use an updated
TeXLive 2008. Compiling seems to work right:

C-c C-c (LaTeX)
`pdflatex --synctex=1 [...]

Output written on gpce2009.pdf (4 pages, 235346 bytes).
SyncTeX written on gpce2009.synctex.gz
Transcript written on gpce2009.log.

LaTeX finished at Fri Apr 17 11:19:44

but then, C-c C-c (View)
xpdf -remote xxx -raise xxx.pdf 1

instead of page 3 from which I pressed C-c C-c (or C-c C-v).

Can you help me please?