[AUCTeX] problem tracking bad boxes

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: [AUCTeX] problem tracking bad boxes
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 20:11:50 +0530

Hello,

I've set TeX-debug-bad-boxes and TeX-debug-warnings to t in my .emacs
file. Now, C-c` takes me through the badboxes and warning, but I've
noticed the following problems:

1. Some of the badbox messages are skipped. For example, on one file,
C-c` took me through 5 warnings / badboxes, whereas there were
actually 9 in the output (I could find them by searching for underfull
/ overfull in the output buffer).

2. Even when C-c` takes me to a badbox warning, the point in the
editor window does not change. I look at the line number and jump to
the location by hand.

3. Finally, if I do M-g M-p (TeX-previous-error), I get a "jumping to
previous error not supported" message.

I hope these are not FAQs. Am I missing something obvious, or are
these known issues?

Thanks for any tips,
Mandar.

Config: I'm running version 11.85 (installed via the
emacs-auctex-11.85-1.fc8 package) on Fedora 8.