[AUCTeX] Sophisticated macro highlighting and biblatex support

From: Frederik
Subject: [AUCTeX] Sophisticated macro highlighting and biblatex support
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:32:18 +0200

Hey there!

I'm trying to get my macros highlighted.
I managed to color the "\footcite" command of biblatex the correct way. What I did: M-x customize-group RET font-latex-keywords RET, then I chose "Font Latex Match Reference Keywords" and added "footcite".

But I've problems to do this with "\footcites", as it provides sophisticated ways to enter bibliographic references.
e.g. "\footcites[20]{author1}[some remarks on this, cf.][33]{author2}"
Now just the part up to and including "{author1}" gets highlighted.

User-defiened keyword classes don't provide a way to highlight references like this, do they? Because I only found the possibility to work with entries like "\command[...]{...}", "{\foo text}" and "\foo".

Any hints?

Furthermore I wanted to know if biblatex gets integrated into RefTeX.
I've put this into my .emacs:
---8<----------------------------------------------
(setq reftex-cite-format
      '((?\C-m . "\\cite[]{%l}")
        (?f . "\\footcite[][]{%l}")
        (?t . "\\textcite[]{%l}")
        (?p . "\\parencite[]{%l}")
        (?o . "\\citepr[]{%l}")
        (?n . "\\nocite{%l}")))
(setq reftex-cite-prompt-optional-args t)

At least this makes it possible to work with "\footcite", but I don't know how to implement "\footcites"...

Also it would be great if AucTeX recognized that biblatex is used in order to have an automatic BibTeX run on doing C-c -- but this is not that important.

Thanks & regards,

Fred