Re: [AUCTeX] forcing view with xdvi

From: Matthew Bainbridge
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] forcing view with xdvi
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 19:29:53 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for your quick reply.

I don't think I'm using PSTricks, but the problem seems to be the psfrag package. With the following document, dvips && gv is used:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{psfrag}

\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

But if I comment out the \usepackage line, it uses xdvi. Do you know if it is possible to use psfrag and have xdvi function normally? Maybe there is something screwy in my .emacs file. The relevent part seems to be this:

       (TeX-source-specials-mode 1)
       (setq TeX-source-specials-view-start-server t)
       ;; Special arguments to put XDVI in the correct place.
       (setq xdvi-extras
             (concat "-xoffset .35in -yoffset .4in "
                     "-s 4 -geometry 1800x1900+0+0"))
            ;; Add the above arguments to all instances of xdvi
       (unless (get 'TeX-output-view-style 'xdvi-extra)
         (mapcar (lambda (list)
                   (let ((func (nth 2 list)))
                     (if (string-match "xdvi" func)
                         (setq func
                               (replace-match
                                (concat "\\& " xdvi-extras) t nil func)))
                     (setcar (last list) func)))
                 TeX-output-view-style)
         (put 'TeX-output-view-style 'xdvi-extra t))

Cheers,
Matt